Saturday 7 December 2013

My Trip to Emergency...

My jaw screamingly throbbed. Perhaps a horrid inner ear infection? The diagnosis was TMJ from clenching. Ridiculous but true, the source was passionately thinking about melding art and social change! Yes, I was on fire for togetherness.

But it wasn't enough... I was keenly aware that I needed more "me's" to substantially effect community change through collaboration. Heeding Paul Born's advice to strategically seek multi-sector representation, I secured funding to send 8 key “door openers” to Tamaracks 2013 gathering aptly called Accelerating Impact. We needed a foundation of understanding, a common language, and shared enthusiasm to forge forward TOGETHER.

Relationships deepened and daily dialogue around integrating the wisdom on the home front was fast and furious. Post-event, when queried as to their favorite learning, one attendee responded "It changed my way of thinking." I must admit, a broad TMJ provoking grin burst forth across my face!

Everybody was hungry for more -- together.

Born, P. (2012). Community conversations: Mobilizing the ideas, skills and passion of community organizations, governments, businesses and people. Toronto: BPS Books.
Red Deer & District FCSS - Agency Capacity Building Grant

No comments:

Post a Comment